Following are seven primary reasons why VMWC is the best when it comes to creating capacities among students to give them lifelong success at work and personal life.
1. Systematic development of innovation, creativity
and thinking skills
Innovation, creativity and thinking skills are important skills for success in life. At VMWC, development of the same are ingrained in the curriculum and teaching methods:
- Cognito: Bi-Annual Fair on Innovation and Creativity
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) Program
- Inquiry method in IB PYP
- Fear-free and stress-free enviroment
In 2015, the VMWC team stood fourth in the city-wide inter school competition to present original projects for environment sustainability. All reputed schools of the city participate in it.
The VMWC team stood first in the 2016 state-wide edition of the same competition, with 100+ reputed schools of the city and the state participating. Thus validating the superiority of VMWC students in innovation, creativity and thinking skills.
2. Best preparation for university admissions
With cut offs to the best of colleges and universities being as high as 100%, our children have to be taught to aim for the highest. The school does exactly this by enabling children to score 100% through the special Centurion program and the Advanced Level Centurion Tests.
Also, to help and guide children to have the capacity for admission into good colleges and succeed in competitions, VMWC has engaged one of the best career guidance and counselling service in the country.
3. Meditation and yoga is part of the curriculum
In leading schools of India and the world, meditation and re?ection is an important part of the curriculum. VMWC was the ?rst school in Lucknow to introduce this critical life skill, since 1979 – summarized in the school’s motto ‘Know Thyself’ and the daily morning prayer.
Meditation and Yoga make children improve in life and work skills like: concentration, self-discipline, creativity, sincerity, emotional intelligence. Yoga improves physical ?tness, endurance and ?exibility.
4. First and only school to run IB PYP - best 3 to 11 years curriculum in the world
VMWC implements the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program in Grades Nursery to Fifth, which is the best curriculum in the world to make children future ready. Each child is enabled to have the maximum possible development in the most critical period of life: 3 years to 11 years.
The program aims to develop in each child the attributes of the IB PYP Learner Profile and important life skills: thinking skills, research skills, communication skills, social skills and self-management skills.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) was founded in 1968 at Geneva, Switzerland. Schools which maintain the highest of standards prescribed by IB, and are evaluated regularly, become IB World Schools.
- The Doon School, Dehradun
- Kodaikanal International School
- The Shri Ram School
- Pathways World School
- Scottish High International School
- The British School
- Sarala Birla Academy
- Bangalore International School
- The International School Bangalore
- Ecole Mondiale World School
- American School of Bombay
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School
- Cathedral and John Connon School
- Aditya Birla World Academy
- The Aga Khan Academy
- Oakridge International School
- Mahindra United World College
- Symbiosis International School
- Mercedes-Benz International School
- Vidyatree Modern World College
5. Leading Visual Arts Program in the City
VMWC has the leading Visual Arts Program of Lucknow. Right from Grade Nur to Grade XII, visual arts is a part of the curriculum, developing capacities of expression, thinking, communication, motor skills, concentration and persistence.
6. Leading Basketball Centre in the city
The VMWC basketball centre has children of all ages developing sportsmanship, courage, teamwork, persistence, thinking and resilience. The centre has also been one of only two Jr. NBA centres in the city. Teams from all over the city regularly practice and participate in tournaments at the VMWC center. Many students have been part of district & state teams.
7. Leading Dramatics Centre of Lucknow
The VMWC Dramatics program teaches students numerous important life skills, like: self-con?dence, social and emotional intelligence, creativity, problem solving, patience, concentration, verbal and non-verbal communication, teamwork, courage, authenticity and integrity. The program is lead by a celebrated teacher.