Vidyatree Modern World College is a K-12 co-educational international day school established in 1979 as “J. Krishnamurti Creative Life School”, later renamed as The Modern School and in 2014 renamed as Vidyatree Modern World College (VMWC). The school is Lucknow’s only International Baccalaureate (IB) school and offers IB Primary Years Program, ICSE and ISC. VMWC is also a candidate school for IB Diploma Programme.
The school aims at well being of humanity through teaching children mindfulness and developing them mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
The school has 900 students on roll and is preferred by parents who seek progressive education for their children. The school has 50 teachers and co-curricular staff with a rich experience at leading schools in India and across the world. With a teacher-student ratio of 1:18, every child enjoys personalized attention, with each class having not more than 25 children.
At VMWC, the purpose of education is not mere passing of exams. We focus on what the child can do rather than what the child can recall. We are building in our children the right capacities, skills, attitudes and values to lead a happy life. The role of education at VMWC is to develop lifelong learners and thinkers, who are courageous, compassionate and mindful human beings.
The IB and Vidyatree curriculum focuses on developing 5 skills and 10 attributes among children. The 5 skills include Self Management Skills, Communication Skills, Research Skills, Social Skills and Thinking Skills. The 10 attributes include Enquirer, Thinker, Knowledgeable, Courageous, Principled, Communicator, Open Minded, Caring, Balanced and Reflective.
The highest development of the human brain happens between the age of 0 to 5 years, which is why VMWC implements the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (www.ibo.org) in Grades Nursery to Fifth. Deemed to be the best curriculum in the world, the IB PYP focusses on development of thinking, research, self-management, social and communication skills.
VMWC is also a liated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, for the ICSE (IX & X) and ISC (XI & XII) exams.
At Vidyatree we practice mindfulness to maintain a stress-free environment and have a very low student teacher ratio, to ensure development of each and every child.
- 20-25 students in primary
- 30-35 students in middle school.
- Large air-conditioned digital classrooms
- Secure & safe-for-children WIFI internet
- iPad tablets for inquiry in PYP
- Teachers are also trained in mindfulness to create a fear free & stress free atmosphere
School results & alumni success
The school has always had excellent Grade XII (ISC) and Grade X (ICSE) results. The last 5 years’ average for highest aggregate has been 96%.
The school also believes in preparing children for life success, by instilling in them creativity, thinking, research and entrepreneurial skills; which is why students from VMWC have regularly gone on to study at the best of colleges and universities in India and abroad and are super successful in life and well placed as owners of businesses, successful professionals or high level executives at MNCs. See the school website for Alumni Stories.
Facilities & features
- Digital classrooms with projectors, child-safe controlled internet Wi-Fi.
- Indoor auditorium with a capacity of 500.
- School library with 15,000+ books, periodicals and encyclopaedia.
- School Mobile App (see www.lernio.in) on iOS and Android to share with parents: regular student activity photos and videos, school news, assignments, upcoming events, attendance and alerts with parents.
- Floodlit basketball court designed as per FIBA standards.
- Swimming pool with filtration plant.
- Up to date fire safety equipment with regular fire evacuation drills.
- Electronic surveillance through 100+ CCTV Cameras.