We can no longer take water for granted. So here are some tips for saving water and using it more wisely.
- Don’t keep the water running while you are brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Take shorter showers, better use bucket and mug.
- Fix the dripping faucet.
- Install water saving shower head that restricts the flow of water per minute.
- Do not let water run while washing hands and scrubbing the utensils. Turn the water off while soaping and turn it again to rinse.
- Never use the toilet as a trash can, to dispose bugs, cigarette butts, or other items. Unnecessary flushing wastes water and places burden on sewage treatment plants and septic tanks.
- Always wash a full load when using the washing machine. This saves water. Less than a full load wastes water.
- Keep Conservation in mind while working in kitchen. Small water saving will do wonders over a period of time.